Much like our zucchini wrapped veggies, these cucumber wrapped veggies are fantastic for parties, barbecues, or just having at home for the family and kids.
The zucchini wrapped veggies aren’t all that fantastic when it comes to kids. The zucchini flavor just isn’t really what they’re into. These cucumber wraps are great with homemade ranch dressing!
The prep work for cucumber wrapped veggies
The cucumber is a bit different than the zucchini when it comes to peeling. The center of a cucumber doesn’t hold together well when thinly peeled. What I do is peel one side of the cucumber almost to the center, then flip the cucumber and peel the other side, followed by the two remaining untouched sides. When I peel cucumbers this way, I end up with a rectangle of the inside leftover. I keep these to chop up and add to salads the next few days. No waste!
The prep work for this appetizer is not super clean. While I absolutely love all my pictures (and those I see on other cooking blogs), I also like to show some real prep pictures, with a little mess and the true looks of a used cutting board 🙂
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 medium sized celery stalks
- 2 medium sized radishes
- Peel the cucumber into thin strips (using a Y-peeler makes this easy).
- Peel and cut (or just chop) carrots, celery stalks, and radishes into matchstick sized pieces.
- Lay out cucumber strips, add vegetables (usually 3 sticks of each veggie is good), roll the cucumber and pop a toothpick through the zucchini to hold it all together.
- Enjoy with your favorite vegetable dipping sauce!