This is a great recipe for easy artichoke & tomato chicken that can be made in a dutch oven or in a crock pot. It’s super easy, healthy, and extremely yummy!
Easy Artichoke & Tomato Chicken
Easy and delicious artichoke & tomato chicken
Write a review
3 hr 15 min
3 hr 15 min
- chicken (breasts or thighs) chopped into about 2 inch cubes
- 1 12oz jar artichoke hearts (check ingredients, especially what it's packed in, to maintain Whole30 compliance)
- 1 small bag sun-dried tomatoes (again, check ingredients to make sure nothing was added)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped into large chunks
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 bunch kale
- Preheat the oven to 350- if using crock pot, don't turn on your oven (ha)
- Do all your chopping and cutting first
- Put chicken, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, white onion and lemon juice in a dutch oven (or crock pot)
- Cover all ingredients with water, plus about 1 extra inch of water
- Put dutch oven in your oven. Bake for about 3 hours (this will result in chicken that perfectly falls apart when touched with a fork).
- IF USING CROCK POT- recommended to set on low and cook all day. Dinner should be ready after 6 to 8 hours (possibly earlier).
- About 15 minutes before eating, add kale to the dutch oven (or crock pot) and continue cooking. The 15 minutes will allow the kale to be steamed with the flavors already in the water.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Crock pot cooking can vary, as can oven temperatures.
Homemade Health Food http://homemadehealthfood.com/