This is a simple homemade ranch dressing that was modified from the Whole30 version a little bit to make it a little thinner and add a bit more of a kick (that’s the extra chili powder!). Though the recipe was modified, it is still Whole30 compliant and Paleo… delicious!
Homemade ranch dressing is awesome!
My family can seriously eat some ranch dressing! My family says homemade ranch is better than Hidden Valley, which I think is fantastic, and here’s why… Hidden Valley bottled ranch dressing contains MSG, added sugar, added salt, artificial flavoring and other ingredients that simply aren’t necessary. Here’s a great post I found explaining all the ingredients in Hidden Valley ranch and any issues with them: Inside the Label: Ranch Dressing.
We use this ranch for dipping, and as a dressing on salads and other foods. When I use it as a salad dressing, I either add a little extra coconut milk or water to get the consistency I need. It’s a great dressing and I love it that our kids think it’s better than the store bought stuff!
This recipe calls for a cup of mayonnaise… I use our homemade mayo for that, recipe here.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk with some cream (I put a can of coconut milk in the fridge for an hour and use 1/3 cup of the soupy mixture it ends up becoming)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (pressed or finely minced)
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully mixed.
- Eat and love it!