A very nicely spicy salsa that adds a fantastic kick to any Taco Tuesday!
We don’t always do Taco Tuesdays at our house, but when we do, we have nicely spicy salsa!
This salsa is the perfect blend of spicy hot and awesome flavor.The flavors truly do mix well, and the kick they provide is like fireworks for you taste buds! When making this salsa for our youngest child, I generally leave out the chipotle chili and cut the jalapeño in half. This is simply because our youngest son isn’t a fan of spicy, though I’m hoping he will be one day!
This recipe takes minimal prep time, as everything is put into a food processor, meaning fine chopping or dicing is completely eliminated from the process. I’ve said it before and I will say it again… minimizing prep time is a huge bonus! It allows us all to spend more time doing what we love and less time chopping things!
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 jalepeno
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (use 1/4 teaspoon or do not add to make less spicy)
- Drain diced tomatoes.
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process. NOTE: ingredients do not need to be diced or chopped up small because they are all going into the food processor!
- Pour into a bowl and ENJOY!