Why does my house smell so amazing right now?! Because I just finished baking a loaf of Paleo banana bread! The smell is just incredible and brings everyone in the house straight to the kitchen.
My whole family loves bananas, but I am not fan of all the sugar required for most banana bread recipes. That’s why this recipe has no added sugar, just some coconut cream. The addition of extra sugar to our diets contributes to a variety of issues, and I wholeheartedly believe it’s simply not necessary. Bananas and coconut cream are sweet enough on their own, so no extra sugar is needed.
This bread is absolutely fantastic as part of a healthy breakfast. Add some fruit and a cup of coffee, and I’m loving it!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together almond flour, ground cinnamon, allspice (if using), and baking soda.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients and whisk until fully mixed together.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until a batter is formed.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. The bread should be crisp and brown on top and around the edges.
Paleo banana bread is awesome!
Once the bread is cool and you’ve sliced it and are enjoying it, a little extra cinnamon can be sprinkled on top for added flavor. You can also spread a little clarified butter on it, which is delicious! This is a great recipe and it’s pretty easy to make. ENJOY!