Deviled eggs are great… spicy deviled eggs are amazing!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- a little bit of red onion, minced (OPTIONAL, adds awesome flavor and a little crunch)
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut in half length wise.
- Remove all yolks and place in a bowl.
- Once all yolks are removed, mash them with a fork until they start to become less chunky.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, Tabasco sauce and smoked paprika (and red onion if you opted to add it).
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Spoon filling into each half of egg. This can also be done using an icing bag or a small plastic baggie with a small piece of the bottom corner cut off.
The first several times I made deviled eggs, I used a spoon to put the filling into the eggs. What a mess that is! It never looked right, I always ended up getting filling all over the edges of the eggs, and it took more time than it should have. Now I use a small plastic baggie. I fill it up with the deviled egg filling, cut a small piece of one of the bottom corners off the bag, and use it like I would a bag of icing. This method of filling deviled eggs is much faster and cleaner than simply using a spoon!